2.16.2011

Adebayor: "Cesc would be a great signing for Real Madrid"

The Real Madrid player, Emmanuel Adebayor, has admitted that Cesc Fabregas "would be a huge boost to the white team". "I was with him 3 and a half years, is a great player and I would be happy if he came" said the Togolese in the presentation of his new boots.

Adebayor during a press conference
Emmanuel Adebayor

The striker has said he sees his team as the favorite to win the Champions 2011: "It's not easy to win because there are teams like Barcelona and Tottenham". "We will win the Champions League" he said in Spanish.

On the relationship with coach Jose Mourinho, Adebayor has said he has his confidence: "It's always good to have the confidence of the mister, it has been clear to me and says all he wants I do. He wants I give 100% and to enjoy" he said. Although he was in the starting lineup on Sunday, the striker does not see himself as starter: "I just think about playing football. I will not bother anyone, I had the opportunity to start and work hard to help. It is not important how many goals I will score" said the white player.

The Togolese has acknowledged he is very happy in his new club: "I'm happy, the city is fantastic, the club and the players have made it easy for me. Casillas speak English with me, Ramos tries and I have a good friend as Lass. I was born happy and live happily" he underlined. The white forward has not clarified his future: "I'm happy. I love playing for Madrid and have 4 or 5 months to enjoy the club and decide".

The former Manchester City said he has a good relationship with Benzema despite fighting for the same position: "We train hard to be prepared. You have to sacrifice for the team as did Di Maria against Espanyol. We have good relationship and is the coach who decides".

About the match that Arsenal, his former club, will play tonight against Barcelona, Adebayor has opted for the English side: "The two play very well and have very good players like Xavi,Nasri ... There will be 22 great players on the field. In football you do not know what can happen but I love Arsenal because it helped me grow. I have many friends there and bet on them."

Finally, the Real Madrid striker has said he never wanted compare himself with Raul: "I never compare myself to Raul who is a symbol of football. When I was with Morientes at Monaco, I asked him a T-shirt from Raul and I have it in Togo. It is a fantastic player. I do not know if I could get to be like him." he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...