5.28.2011

Interview: Karim Benzema

Karim Benzema only thinks about succeed in Real Madrid. He feels he has played very well in the second leg of the season and nobody will stop him. He is convinced that in his boots is to triumph at Real Madrid and please Mourinho.

Benzema is ready to Real Madrid's next season
Karim Benzema

"I scored 30 goals this season with Real Madrid and France, so I think it was a good year. I started to play a lot more beginning in January, and I knew good things would happen once I grew more confident. I feel good playing for Real Madrid. I love the fans, the people and the stadium. I will be there for many years to come".

"We scored 102 goals this season, which is a lot for a team they say is defense-oriented. Real Madrid has what it takes to win the treble. Ending the 18-year drought without winning the "Copa del Rey" was good for us, but we want more. This club must win everything. It’s what you learn and feel from the moment you sign on. Personally speaking, I think I still have room for improvement. I think you will see an even better me next season because I feel good physically and mentally".

"Mourinho loves to win, and so do I. He has helped me grow as a footballer and a person. He expects a lot from me, but he has helped me improve. I now know what I want from myself and I know I can give it to him. I must prove that I can play for this team. I know it will be hard to earn a spot, but it all depends on me".

"The new signings are all very good. They will help us a lot next season. Sahin was the best player in the Bundesliga, and all the best players want to play for Real. Agüero also have the quality to play in Madrid (smiles)".

"Cristiano’s 41 league goals will be very hard to match. I am very happy for him. He is an excellent player who doesn’t only score a lot, but helps others score, too. We understand each other well".

"I think I have a shot at next season’s Ballon d’Or. I play for the best team in the world, we have the European Championship next summer and we have a super team. Looking back on my matches and goals this season, I think I can do it. Next season will be even better than this won. I want to win it all".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...