6.24.2011

Zidane: "Varane is a player that is not easy to find"

Zinedine Zidane was yesterday in Aix-en-Provence in southern France. There, was inagurated a sports complex (Z5) and he spoke of Raphael Varane, next Real Madrid signing. "He's a talented and promising player. Is logical that top clubs were interested on him seeking talent, as is the case of Real Madrid. He is a player I like very much. He is a type of defender is not easy to find. From Laurent Blanc, I saw very good central defenders, but none with such serenity. In that sense Varane resembles Blanc. I have not seen many players like that".

Zidane inagurating the Z5 Sports Complex
Zinedine Zidane: Z5 Sports Complex

Florentino Perez's adviser was asked about the possibilities for the young Lens player to succeed in Real Madrid: "Varane has a great future. If the big clubs wanted to sign him is that he has talent. As director of the first team, I am in my right to go to find promising players. I'm also happy because he is French. I know people in France would have liked that he stays here, but I'm just doing my job".

Zidane was who recommended Mourinho the signing of this young central defender, 18 years old. The Portuguese began to watch videos of his performances and was more than convinced. So much that he (along with Zizou) spoke with Varane and the operation was accelerated to the point that is expected that player passes a medical examination on Monday. So said on Wednesday Gervais Martel, president of the Lens, who confessed: "Mourinho and Zidane spoke with Raphael and the player told me he wanted to go. He will wear the Real Madrid jersey and I'm proud". The operation will be closed between 9 and 10 million euros and Varane will play for Real until 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...