8.01.2012

Alvaro Arbeloa renewed until 2016

The international Spanish defender, Alvaro Arbeloa, has renewed his contract with Real Madrid until 2016, as announced today the club in a statement through the official website. Arbeloa had contract until 2014.

Arbeloa renewed his contract with Real Madrid
Alvaro Arbeloa 

"I'm more than happy. It is my pride and honor to be in this club. To be able to extend my contract two years, until 2016, is a source of absolute joy. I am delighted with the faith of the club in me and I hope to continue to enjoy", said Arbeloa in an interview to the media.

"It comes at a good time. Things are going well for me and I am proud to be here. I am very happy because the club trust me", commented the right-back, who still does not raise the possibility of retiring in Real Madrid: "It's hard to retire at this club by the requirement that entails. Here are always the best players in the world and when one reaches an age it is difficult to keep up. Today more players extend their careers and hopefully not the last renew with Real Madrid".

Permanent in the starting lineups in Real Madrid and the Spanish national team, Arbeloa lives a good time under the command of Jose Mourinho: "I'm feeling very well under the orders of the coach. He always gives me a lot of confidence. There have been times when I've played more and others that I have played less, but I always felt the coach's confidence. Mourinho has managed to get the better of me".

"We have a coach that demands always 100% both in matches and trainings. Mourinho has a winning mentality and that's absolutely what he always perfectly has transmitted us. Mourinho made ​​me a better player and has done that I increased my football level. I am, of course, very grateful", added Arbeloa.

This season, Arbeloa arises the same goal "of every year" as he says. "We play for Real Madrid and we have to fight for every title. We know the difficulties involved, but last year we were close in all competitions and this season we should do the same. It is clear that for the fans the Champions League is special but we also want to win again the Spanish league, which is the most difficult tournament because of the regularity you need, and the Copa del Rey. Hopefully we can win those three titles. We will fight for it", he concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...