10.16.2012

The new Mourinho's left-backs

While Real Madrid doctors are working to reduce the recovery time of Marcelo and Coentrao, Jose Mourinho is working on alternatives to replace his two left-backs.

Jorge Casado Real Madrid TV interview
Casado (R.M.Castilla player)

The first option is to change the Arbeloa's position. The international Spanish player will change the 'chip' and think that next month will play left-back. The good thing for Mourinho is that the white defender has already played a lot in that position and has given guarantees. The trouble, forces to change the two sides of the defensive line and Sergio Ramos or Essien will have to fill the gap left by Arbeloa on the right wing. In principle, this would be the plan A.

The second option would be to choose Nacho, the youth squad player, to occupy the left side. The versatile Real Madrid Castilla defender also has played in more than once in the left side. In fact, his debut with Real Madrid in a Spanish league match was against Valencia, at the Mestalla Stadium in the season 10-11, and he played in that position. And had a good performance. With this variant, Mourinho has the opportunity to place Arbeloa on the right side so there would be only a change.

The last option, the more unlikely. Mourinho may bet on a natural leftie player to occupy the left-back position of Real Madrid; Casado. The Real Madrid Castilla player is having a great season with the youth team and said that "Nobody is happy with the injuries of the teammates. You can open more doors but I have no hurry. I'm ready but the Castilla is my team. If the coach calls me I will be there to help as I have done in other times. Both me and my colleagues are always ready", without forgetting that "No one has spoken to me. All happened suddenly, was a crazy weekend. Several times I have trained with the first team and the coach knows me. I will keep working, now I have the mind set on the next Saturday's match against Cordoba".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...