12.18.2012

Benzema: "I want to be part of the team that wins the Tenth"

Karim Benzema, Real Madrid striker, has given an interview to the magazine 'France Football' on the occasion of the award for best French player of the year 2012 which was granted him a few days ago. Zinedine Zidane presented the award to the Real Madrid forward.

Benzema with the best French player 2012 trophy
Zinedine Zidane and Karim Benzema

“I am very happy to receive this prize for the second year running. It is good for me and it is an honour that Zidane presented it because for me he is the best French payer in history. It is a dream that it was him who presented me with the award", Benzema said in the pages of the French publication, who beat Ribery and Lloris in the vote.

Benzema also revealed: "I'm in Madrid to win it all. Also the Champions League. Everyone here wants the 'Tenth' and I want to join any team that could get it" he said.

On the rumors of the signing of a striker by Real Madrid (Falcao), Benzema commented: "I know nothing of this. I feel very well at Real Madrid and is the place where I want to be. It's the biggest club in the world and our common history is not over," said the striker about his future.

About the Golden Ball, Benzema said that "We are all supporting Cristiano" adding that "with six players among the 23 nominees, Real Madrid has won the game for clubs with more representation."

Benzema also acknowledged that he dreams about winning the trophy in the future. "All the players think of this trophy. Being among the 23 candidates is like being on the list of the 23 best players in the world. That part is very satisfying. But I still have to work to be among the three finalists and perhaps someday win. My goal is to get closer each year."

The Real Madrid player also spoke about his compatriot Abidal and asserted that "he was always there for me". We talk regularly, it is like a little clan of Lyon, there is something strong between us. Arriving in Lyon at 17, Eric took me under his wing directly. From that time we have a good relationship."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...