3.21.2013

Mourinho: "There were irregularities in the vote for the FIFA world's best manager"

In an interview with RTP, Jose Mourinho declared that there were "irregularities in the vote for the world's best manager" organised by FIFA." Several people called me to say that I had won the vote but someone else got it in the end. That's why I decided not to go". That's why Jose Mourinho did not attend the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala because he was warned by some of those who voted for him as coach of the year that their votes showed up as supporting other candidates instead.

Mourinho is upset with FIFA voting irregularities
Jose Mourinho

“Am I sorry for not having gone to the gala? No. It was the right decision,” Mourinho told RTP television on Tuesday in excerpts from an interview. “One, two or three people called me saying they had voted for me but the vote showed up as cast for somebody else. So, I decided not to go,” he said.

"I'm accusing FIFA of irregularities in the vote for best manager in the world. There was a lack of transparency", Mourinho said. "FIFA was aware of these irregularities, knowing they were there, but did nothing to avoid them", commented Mourinho. The Portuguese coach and former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola lost the 2012 FIFA coach award to Spain's Vicente del Bosque at January's gala. Meanwhile FIFA said in a statement: "FIFA confirms that the list of votes published on FIFA.com is accurate".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...